The requirements to get an antique license plate for your car or truck in Louisiana are:
- The vehicle must be at least 25 years old.
- It must be maintained in its original condition.
- Fill out the application affidavit. If you belong to an antique car club you can skip the form and include a copy of your membership card.
- Include a recent color photograph of your vehicle with the application.
- Pay $36.50. You can get it personalized for $25 more.
- Mail your application with the photo and money to the LA OMV.
The application/affidavit that you need is called the DPSMV 1911. You can get a free form by clicking the following link: LOUISIANA ANTIQUE LICENSE PLATE AFFIDAVIT
If you need help notarizing the affidavit/application just give me a call at 225-907-5280. As a mobile notary, I come to you 24/7 anywhere in the Greater Baton Rouge region!